Complete SEO Analysis Based on SEO Best Practices
If your company is interested in SEO services, we will happily provide a comprehensive SEO audit free of charge prior to giving you a proposal. Search engines use hundreds of factors to determine which site will rank the highest for specific keywords. Google has over 200 rankings factors alone.
Our SEO audits for prospects are based on our own SEO best practices and are comprehensive, going beyond looking at a few basic code elements. It is important that we gain a basic understanding of your industry and keywords and also some of your top competitors. In order to accomplish this, SEO audits include all of the following analyses based on SEO best practices in each of the following areas:
- Keyword analysis
- Competitive analysis
- Website analysis
- Link popularity analysis
- Social media analysis
The 5 primary ranking factors that we include in our SEO audits from an overall perspective are the following:
1. SEO Audit of Website Code/Optimization – Most SEO best practices are based on a few simple code elements, but we look at a lot more than your meta tags. The way the code is set up and how some of the code elements are used to build relevancy for keywords is what most people think of when they hear the words “search engine optimization.” Some of these code elements that we will look at in your SEO audit include:
- Page titles
- META tags
- Headings tags
- Section 508 accessibility attributes
- General code setup
- Page speed
2. Assessment of Site Architecture – The structure of the website is critical to achieving search engine rankings for two reasons. First, it is important to make sure that your pages (and content) are getting properly indexed (crawled) by the search engine spiders. Second, the manner in which pages link together, especially the use of text links, is critical to helping build relevancy for keywords.
- Canonicalization of URL
- Existence of XML sitemap and user sitemaps
- Assessment of navigation
- URL structure
- Internal linking
3. Audit of Website Content – (content optimization) Search engine algorithms are placing more importance than ever on the text content on the website. If a site hopes to rank for specific keywords and phrases, it is critical that the site have readable text content with that keyword or phrase in the content. Mentioning a targeted phrase one time is not sufficient.
- Quantity of content – do you have content to support your keywords?
- Quality of content – does it effectively target keywords and convert users?
4. Link Popularity – (off site optimization) The search engines measure the popularity of your website by the amount and quality of websites that are linking to your site. If your site does not have competitive link popularity, it will NOT achieve top rankings for keywords. We look at the sites that are consistently ranking for your keywords and make sure that we build in enough link popularity so that your site can compete for rankings.
5. Social Media Integration – SEO Inc. has always been an industry leader and recognizes that our clients' presence in the search engine results is only one facet of most companies' online marketing efforts. The growth and impact of social networking sites is very similar to growth in search a decade ago. The impact that the search engines have on building your social network is unquestionable. On the other hand, as the top social networks have grown, the impact that they have on your site’s ability to achieve and maintain rankings on the search engines has evolved too. It is truly a situation where one hand feeds the other; social media should be considered a significant component of your SEO strategies.