Hello everyone, my name is Jarrett and I am a new intern at SEO, Inc. in Carlsbad, CA. Today, I will be sharing with you some new and interesting statistics about Pinterest.
Pinterest, the upstart that focuses on letting users “pin” things that interest them, has been growing by leaps and bounds in traffic and new users. This has allowed Pinterest to snatch the 3rd spot for the largest social network in the United States, boasting 104 million visitors in the month of March alone.
So what is the future like for Pinterest? A new report from the Experian shows Pinterest received 21.5 million visits during the week ending January 28, a nearly 30-fold increase over a comparable week in July. If you think that means Pinterest is going no other way than up, then you would be right. Analysis of Pinterest’s traffic is fueling more active participation by companies whose products are being shared on Pinterest boards.
Interesting statistics from PRDaily.com:
- Comparing the similar time in history with Twitter, Pinterest is attracting users as much as two to three times as effectively. (via RJMetrics)
- According to AppData, Pinterest has 10.4 million registered users and are growing exponentially.
- American users of Pinterest spend an average of one hour and 17 minutes on the site, much more than of Twitter (36 minutes), LinkedIn (17 minutes), and Google+ (six minutes). (via AllTwitter)
- Estimated new visitors to Pinterest.com increased by 429 percent from September to December 2011. (via Monetate)
- The average Pinterest user spends 98 minutes per month on the site, compared to 2.5 hours on Tumblr, and seven hours on Facebook. (via TechCrunch),
- Since the beginning of the 2012 year, daily Pinterest users have increased by more than 145 percent. (via Mashable)
- More than 2,000,000 Facebook-connected users are on Pinterest daily. (via Mashable)
- Mississippi, Alabama, Kentucky, Tennessee, Iowa, Missouri, Nebraska, South Dakota and North Dakota contain the most Pinterest users.
- The largest demographic of Pinterest users are women, ages 25-34 (via Ignite)
- In the U.K., the majority percentage of Pinterest users are 56 percent male vs. 44 percent female. (via Ragan.com)
- Crafts, gifts, hobbies/leisure, interior design, and fashion designers/collections are the top interests on Pinterest in the U.S.: (via Ragan.com)
- Venture capital, blogging resources, crafts, Web stats/analytics, and SEO/marketing are the most engaged interests on Pinterest in the U.K.: (via Ragan.com)
If you are indecisive about creating a Pinterest profile, we say go for it. It’s filling a niche not covered by any major existing social platforms, and serves as a marketing tool for businesses selling easily photographed products and services. Pinterest has a highly engaged audience of “pinners” which means there is plenty of opportunity to get your brand out there and catch the eye of millions.