When someone tell you your business needs to be have a social media presence, 9 times out of 10, they are completely right. We came across this amazing infographic from Leverage recently and thought it best to share and highlight how each network works, where the engagement is, and some other stats that are pretty flooring.
Social Media Comparison Infographic in Words
- 70 million active users
- Social site that is all about discovery
- Largest opportunities are in decor, babies, recipes, wedding, and fashion
- Users are 32% male and 68% female
- 560 million active users
- micro blogging social site that limits posts to 140 characters
- largest penetration in the US but spreading slowly and steadily
- 5,700 tweets happen every second
- Social sharing site that has 1 billion users worldwide
- Largest opportunities communicating with consumers in a non-obtrusive way
- Users share 2.5 billion pieces of content each day
- 150 million active users
- Social sharing site all around pictures and now 15 second videos
- Many brands are participating through the use of hashtags and posting pictures consumers can relate to
- Most followed brand is MTV
- 400 million active users
- Social network built by Google that allows for brands and users to build circles
- Not as many brands active but the ones that are tend to be a good fit with a great following
- Growing rapidly with 925,000 new users every day
- 240 Million active users
- Business oriented social networking site
- Brands that are participating are corporate brands giving potential and current associates a place to network and connect
- 79% of users are 35 or older
– Source: Leverage
Those numbers are quite impressive and should serve as reason enough to harness the power of certain social outlets for yourself, if you’re not already. Social media is not going anywhere anytime soon. Sure, certain outlets may flicker and fade while others gain steam and take charge, but the fact remains, this is where the conversation is happening now.
Do you know which social outlet(s) is/are right for your business? We’d be happy to help you decide as well as provide some pointers as to how to define your brand voice across the social media world.
Go. Be social.