Are Likes Important? Facebook Engagement Statistics Just Released
By: Garry Grant | View: 10190
Facebook engagement statistics can be hard to come by. Recently, Constant Contact released a studying listing the latest engagement information on Facebook. The result is some really interesting information.
This data provdided by Constant Contact was taken from 1,491 consumers age 18 or older in the United States through an online panel conducted by Research Now.
Time Spent on Facebook
- 52% of Americans over the age of 18 spend at least 1 hour a week on Facebook.
- Only 25% of Americans have never used Facebook.
- 12% of American’s under 35 have never used Facebook.
- More than 23% of Americans in all ages spend an average of 1 to 5 hour a week on Facebook.
How People Interact with Brands on Facebook
- People interact with brands on Facebook much more than other social networks.
- 34% of people interact with brands on Facebook, while only 4% interact with brands on Twitter and only 1% interacts with brands on LinkedIn.
- 78% of people who “like” brands on Facebook like fewer than 10 brands.
- 33% of people like 1 to 2 brands on Facebook.
- 25% of people like 3 to 4 brands.
- 20% of people like 5 to 9 brands.
- 22% of people like 10 or more brands.
- 58% of people like a brand because they are a customer.
- 57% of people like a brand on Facebook because they want discounts and promotions.
- 42% of people like a brand to show support.
- 31% like a brand to be the first to know about a brand.
- 31% like brands on Facebook to gain access to exclusive content.
- 77% of those who follow a brand on Facebook read the post, news feeds and offers posted by the brand.
- 76% of people have never unliked a brand on Facebook.
Are Facebook Fans Loyal?
- 56% of Facebook fans say they are more likely to recommend a brand after becoming a fan.
- 51% of fans say that they are more likely to buy a product after becoming a Facebook fan.
Where do Users Spend Time on Facebook?
- 45% of Facebook users time is spent in the Facebook newsfeed.
- 17% of Facebook users time is spent playing games.
- 26% of Facebook users time is spent searching for people.
Should Some Facebook Pages post more than Others?
- 69% of Facebook users want to hear from some brands more than others.
This information shows that engagement is going up for Facebook fans. People are logging in everyday and are spending more time on the site. Although users do not follow many companies on Facebook, they clearly are loyal to the ones they do. Please read more on this study http://www.socialquickstarter.com/content/103-10_facts_about_consumer_behavior_on_facebook or leave a comment below!
Checking the Keyword Density in Your SEO Copywriting or: A Tale of Red Shoes