Search Engine Optimization, Inc., a leading internet marketing agency, has an opening for a web content/press release writer to join our rapidly expanding San Diego North County team. At SEO Inc., we are focused on delivering industry-leading results for our growing list of clients. SEO Inc. helps clients achieve high rankings for keywords on search engines such as Google, Bing, and Yahoo!
SEO Inc. Copywriter Job Description
We are seeking a full-time, in-house employee to write search engine optimized website content and press releases. SEO Inc. clients vary, so candidate must be able to write according to the “language” of different industries. Experience writing with SEO best practices is desired but not a necessity.
Day to Day Responsibilities
Writing search engine optimized press releases. This includes:
- Communicating with clients via phone and e-mail
- Conducting in-depth research during client interviews and via the Internet
- Gleaning a relevant news angle for each press release
- Writing strong, newsy headlines and sub-headlines
- Writing press release body in inverted pyramid style
- Ability to write according to the client’s industry
- Inserting keywords and hyperlinks in appropriate places in copy
- Collaboration with SEO Inc. copywriting director, project managers, and engineers
- Strict adherence to deadlines
- Thorough knowledge and use of AP style guidelines
- Writing interesting, engaging marketing copy for Web pages
- Ability to convey proper writing tone and style according to client’s needs
Other Copywriting Skills
- Blog writing
- Article writing
- Extreme attention to detail
- Excellent editing, spelling, and grammar
- Open communication style
- Ability to prioritize multiple projects
- Familiarity with search engine optimization writing techniques (preferred)
- Experience with social media marketing (preferred)
Candidate will be trained in SEO copywriting if needed
Bachelor’s degree in communications, public relations, journalism or English; or relevant degree or certification; and/or 2-5 years writing experience.
To Apply for SEO Copywriter Position
To apply for this position, send resume and salary requirements to [email protected]. Please put your name and “writer position” in the subject line when applying for this position.
If considered for an interview, please bring additional copies of resume, a list of references and 3-5 applicable writing samples or writing portfolio.
This is a full time, in-house, salary position in Carlsbad, CA with benefits.
No telecommuting, no outsourcing and no contract work. We do not sponsor Visas.