SEO Inc., a leading and fast growing Internet Marketing Agency, is looking for a confident and enthusiastic writer and marketer to learn various writing techniques for modern PR. During this internship, you will learn nuances of writing blogs, articles for syndication, and press releases; working on viral social media campaigns; and managing clients’ social media accounts.
Note on Internships - SEO Inc. believes our interns should get as much out of the experience as possible. We ask that our interns dedicate at least 15 hours per week and that they supply a letter from the school approving the internship. Many of our interns have been offered full time job opportunities with SEO Inc. upon graduation.
Desired Qualifications and Skills
- Strong writing skills – excellent grammar, spelling, editing and proofreading skills a must
- Proficient in Word, Outlook, and Excel
- Excellent communication and organizational abilities, with a strong command of the English language
- Ability to communicate effectively and utilize creative thinking skills
- Ability to perform research for writing projects using the Internet
- Knowledge of social media sites such as Facebook, Twitter, and LinkedIn, as well as blogging tools such as WordPress
- Self-motivated with the ability to work independently or as a team member
- Ability to multi-task in a fast paced environment and meet tight deadlines
- Positive, enthusiastic, “can do” attitude
- Available for a minimum of 3 months
Duties and Responsibilities
- Work closely with the Director of Copywriting and Director of Social Media to learn the different writing styles for blogs, articles, website content, and press releases.
- Strategize and research topics and ideas for a wide variety of industries and companies
- Write engaging blog posts, press releases, articles, and web content on a daily basis
- Optimize and edit press releases, articles, and other content for the web
- Assist with email marketing initiatives
- Assist Social Media department with research projects, reporting, etc.
This is a three-month unpaid internship with potential to hire. The intern will be expected to work a minimum of 15 hours a week and come into the office at least 2 days a week. The ideal candidate will be a marketing, literature, or journalism major looking for school credit.
This is a fast-paced, demanding internship in which the intern will gain a world of experience and learn from leaders in the industry.
Interested candidates may apply by sending their resume, cover letter, and availability here