New Pinterest Business Pages: Convert Pinterest to a Business Page
Lately, Pinterest has been all about business. Did you know that Pinterest users have the most buying intent out of all social media websites? It’s true. For this reason, and many more, Pinterest has just launched Pinterest business pages.
Pinterest Business Accounts are now Here: Get to Converting!
Pinterest made it easy to switch to the new business accounts. They comment on converting Pinterest to a business account below.
It is nice that they took the time to create the conversion tool. Most social media websites, COUGH Facebook, took way too long to release this feature.
There are many benefits to the new Pinterest business pages. You can now do the following.
- Verify your website. The verification badge helps people identify high-quality sources of content and more easily find the business they want in search results.
- Add new buttons and widgets. Integrate the Pin It button, Follow button, Profile widget, or Board widget to get more engagement from pinners and traffic back your site.
- Access to upcoming features. Receive updates on future products and services that will provide more powerful ways of reaching and understanding your audience on Pinterest.
This is great news for all the marketers out there who wanted to get more out of Pinterest from a business perspective.
Best Practices for New Business Pages
Being the nice company that they are, Pinterest has published a set of best practices with several examples for you to follow. These best practices for new pages cover items such as:
- Verifying your website
- Creating inspiring boards
- Sharing your business values (what you care about)
- Highlighting specials
- Celebrating seasons and holidays
- Adding a personal touch
- Take the time to write a good description
- Link to useful webpages
- Collaborate with other pinners
- Ask questions
- Promote your pins on other social media sites
- Add the Pinterest follow and share button
- Create Pinterest tabs on other social media sites
Pinterest Updates Terms of Service in Light of New Business Accounts
According to Pinterest, “We now have two sets of terms—one for people and one for businesses. The business terms help guide businesses on how to use Pinterest. They also enable us to separate the provisions meant for businesses from those meant for regular people. As a result, we updated our user terms to be half as long.” – Pinterest
In updating their terms of service, Pinterest also took the opportunity to simplify the language as much as possible. It’s much easier to deal with now.
Convert your Page Now!
Now that you know a little about the new Pinteret pages for business, its time to jump in and create one! Visit this link to get started: http://business.pinterest.com/