Organic search engine optimization has changed over the years; there is no doubt about it. And today, it is more competitive than ever. Now social media is peeking around the corner ( more like running full speed around the corner actually) so how do these two types of internet marketing solutions work together?
With this question in mind, I have thrown together these bullet points. Take a look and let me know what you think.
How Social Media Helps SEO
- Social media sites rank for targeted branded and non-branded terms helping secure a larger search space.
- When blog content is pushed out through social media it gets exposure & stimulates organic linking.
- Content must be generated for social media. Fresh content greatly benefits search.
- Twitter content is indexed and shown in Google real time search.
- The Twitter search engine is used by millions. Tweets allow you to optimize keywords for that engine.
- YouTube videos rank in Google general search and are important for optimizing the video search space.
- Social media sites drive traffic!